Enjoy these simple fried green tomatoes in spring or in fall. They are zesty and tasty and go great with sausage and onion.
Simple Fried Green Tomatoes
In a bowl, pour:
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbs flour
- 1 tsp Paprika, cumin, garlic powder, thyme & cayenne if you want some kick.
- 1/2 tsp pepper
In a seperate bowl:
- 1 egg and a tsp water
- Cut green tomatoes into at least 1/4" thick slices
- Dredge them in the egg mix.
- Coat both sides with the breading.
- In a hot cast-iron pan with vegetable oil or olive oil, cook both sides until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with salt when ready.
Sausages can be cooked on a stick, grill or in the pan.